August round up + September's Just Three
On Friday, I finished up another Winter Trees pillow! (I've been waiting for the sun to come out for some better pictures, but oh well.) This time, I went a completely different route with my fabric choices, using solids and graphic black and white prints. I love the way it turned out!
I quilted it with straight lines using a Sulky gray. I really like the way it looks against the navy border; it kind of reminds me of a pinstripe suit. I threw in some scraps of Sketch in black & white - that fabric will be showing up in quite a few projects!!
I originally started working on a coordinating pillow for my previous one. I used the same fabrics and just reversed their placement. I still like it, and plan to finish it for our formal living room, but I wanted a much bolder look for the pattern cover.
Oh right, I need to get to work on finishing up this pattern.... :)
In other news, I've been cutting. And cutting. And cutting some more....for the Groove quilt! Unfortunately, it's not a quilt where you can cut some, then sew some, then cut some, in order to break up the monotony of hours of slicing. I've still got a ways to go, but wanted to sew a little something. So I thought I'd try out a few of the curves.
I survived. I can't say I did extremely well, but I'm just glad they look decent! They seem a bit wonky after the ironing...hopefully I'll get better with practice. That was my main goal in doing this quilt along - practicing sewing curves! They pretty much intimidate my pants off.
So here's an update on my "Just Three" from August:
1) Do another pillow with gray borders - I liked the gray so much I used for the inside of the pillow, I thought I'd do another with it as a border. Plus, it's nice for pillows to have partners in crime. - One pillow done, though not the partner in crime. I'll have to get to that later.
2) Dresden Quilt Challenge - check it out if you haven't heard of it! - I changed this to my purple and mustard quilt, which is coming along nicely! Only 5 more purple blocks to go, then it's piecing time :)
3) Totally Groovy Quilt Along - oh man. I couldn't resist this one. - Well. You just got the status update on this. I'm a bit behind where the QAL is at, but still plugging along.
I also completed some bee blocks.
So for September, here are my three goals:
1) Start the "Squarey" quilt I recently designed on my computer. Yes, I'm stellar at names, lol.
2) Piece the purple + mustard quilt; maybe even start quilting that bad boy!
3) Totally Groovy Quilt Along - keep working. I have no idea how far I intend to get...but just plan to work!
Yeah, so I don't have the unfinished Winter Trees pillow listed at the moment. I've done three so far, I think I get a break : P.
Linking up to traceyjayquilts :)