Finished Star Bee Blocks
Here to show you a few finished bee blocks today - all stars! I loved both of these patterns and think they will make some great quilts. First up, this block:
It doesn't have a name, but you can find the tutorial here. It's really simple and looks really great.
I found it was super easy to get very precise points by pressing my HSTs open, and pressing all my other seams to the sides so that they would nest.
I pulled some of my favorite fabric combinations for these blocks:
- Grape Kaffe Fassett shot cotton
- Type by Julia Rothman
- no selvedge left for the magenta print, unfortunately!
- Tiny blue diamonds from Dear Stella
- Steel Essex linen from Robert Kaufman
- Pure Bursts (white on gray) from Stof
Unfortunately I didn't read the directions very well the first time I used this tutorial - you're supposed to square up the HSTs. Yeah....didn't do that. So the green one is a 1/2'' too big. Hopefully the queen bee will be able to use it in the back of the quilt :)
- Sealing Wax in green by Anna Maria Horner
- Comma News in slate by Zen Chic
- and some unknown green Kaffe Fassett shot cotton
I also whipped up this cute star block from Flutter Kat's tutorial:
I can't wait to see them in finished quilts! Linking up to Finish it Up Friday :)