The 'calm' before the storm
But....I did get a lot done on the baby quilt! Not done, as hoped for, but a good chunk out of the way. I finished machine quilting the border pebbles and the binding is almost done - I machine sewed the binding onto the front of the quilt, wrapped it around, and have it nearly halfway sewn onto the back (this is done by hand, so much more time consuming!).
And this is why you don't make double sided quilts - disparities between the front and back are inevitable, especially when it comes to binding. At least one side will be a bit off. It might not look like much, but it makes a difference! Some areas were nearly 1/2 inch off between the front and the back...argh. I did my best to average between the two when this happened, but I really could only have about an 1/8 difference between the two sides for seaming purposes, so sometimes I had to fudge a bit. Lesson learned....for the third time!