August's Just Three
So at the beginning of July, I decided to link up with traceyjayquilt's just three series. And it was totally worth it! Here's what I set out to do:
1) Finish the Fire & Ice pattern - done!
2) Sew another pillow top - I wasn't 100% happy with the fabric choices for my last one.... - almost done! It is currently in the quilting stage, and I'm nearly done with that. Then I'll just need to assemble the envelope backing and bind. See the end of the post for more details!
3) Complete my fabric swap/bee requirements
....since they are all due really soon or overdue! - done and done!
Since it was so good mentally for me to do the "just three" challenge, I thought I'd do it again. So for August:
1) Do another pillow with gray borders - I liked the gray so much I used for the inside of the pillow, I thought I'd do another with it as a border. Plus, it's nice for pillows to have partners in crime.
2) Dresden Quilt Challenge - check it out if you haven't heard of it!
3) Totally Groovy Quilt Along - oh man. I couldn't resist this one.
And now for the pillow peek:
I couldn't decide for the longest time how to quilt this thing, but then saw a quilt at Film in the Fridge quilted with Elizabeth's dogwood quilting pattern - and knew it was exactly what I needed! I marked away with my Frixion pens. I did a little extra marking, since it was so simple to mark the center of the squares and would make a big difference.